What is an almanac?
- an annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year
- an annual publication containing tabular information in a particular field or fields arranged according to the calendar of a given year
What is a dictionary?
- a reference source in print or electronic form containing words usually alphabetically arranged along with information about their forms, pronunciations, functions, etymologies, meanings, and syntactical and idiomatic uses
- a reference book listing alphabetically terms or names important to a particular subject or activity along with discussion of their meanings and applications
- a reference book giving for words of one language equivalents in another
- a computerized list (as of items of data or words) used for reference (as for information retrieval or word processing)
What is a thesaurus?
- a book of words or of information about a particular field or set of concepts
- a book of words and their synonyms
- a list of subject headings or descriptors usually with a cross-reference system for use in the organization of a collection of documents for reference and retrieval
MAPS & ATLASES