reviews collated by Mrs. Ann Flores and Ms. Baby Alfonso
More and more books are adapted to movies nowadays. While the trend is adapting Graphic Novel heroes, there are still a lot of novel-based movies being produced recently. Here are two more book adaptations to look forward to in DVDs.
CALL NUMBER: G73j 1992
Based on the novel by Steven Gould, Jumper concerns David (Hayden Christensen), a young man who quite literally wills himself away from his grim family life by teleporting to another place with the power of his mind.
Where the Wild Things Are
CALL NUMBER: Se5w
The long-awaited big-screen adaptation of Maurice Sendak’s classic 1963 children’s book Where the Wild Things Are finally gets it due in the hands of director Spike Jonze and screenwriter Dave Eggers. The book — just nine sentences long and only 20 pages — tells the story of rambunctious little Max who’s sent to bed without dinner and is magically transported to a forest, where he finds a boat and sails to a place inhabited by giant, hairy, fearsome-looking but gentle beasts. Max is loved by the wild creatures that make him their King, though he soon longs to be back home with his family.
1. Capers, D. (n.d.). Jumper: Information from Answers.com. Answers.com: Wiki Q&A combined with free online dictionary, thesaurus, and encyclopedias. Retrieved September 1, 2010, from http://www.answers.com/topic/jumper-film
2. ‘Where the Wild Things Are’ Movie Reviews | Inside Movies. (2009, October 16). Inside Movies. Retrieved September 1, 2010, from http://insidemovies.moviefone.com/2009/10/16/where-the-wild-things-are-movie-reviews/
3. Image retrieved from: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_i77jBahIPvQ/S2Ne6muKY3I/AAAAAAAABQo/Q-x08vNJySs/s1600-h/Where+The+Wild+Things+Are+Book+Cover.png
4. Image retrieved from: http://blog.filmjabber.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/jumper-movie-poster.jpg
5. Image retrieved from: http://www.popstarsplus.com/images/JumperMoviePoster.jpg
6. Image retrieved from: http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/where_the_wild_things_are_ver2-195×300.jpg